Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Arvoesine

Finally got around to plaything this commercial turned free action platformer. I, and I can only assume every other person with any sense, has admiring this great retro looking game from afar and now that it has been released for free I no longer had any reason to put of giving it a try. And here is the recounting of my experience:
  • First try, died after about 5 seconds on second encountered enemy.
  • Second try, died after about 5 seconds on spikes right after third enemy.
  • .....
  • 6th try, died after about 10 seconds on the 7th enemy (pretty sure I am still only about 1% done level 1).
  • Gave up.
  • Tried a few more times and got to the first level boss, but no apparent way to even damage him.

So while the game looks amazing, and does not even look all that hard, it is; The strange thing is that you actually have quite a lot of health and I normally love games that give a challenge. Still it looks great, and seems to play quite good as well, I just could not get into the hang of it.

I recommend anyone who is a fan of Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts style super challenging action platformers give it a shot, but I for one am done trying to completely it (or even just a single level).

You can download Arvosine here.






No comments:

Post a Comment