Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Memorable Games

This blog post is dedicated to memorable games. I think we all have a few games we just cannot forget. Strangely enough, for me these are not even the best games I have ever played, they were very good but something made them particularly memorable. I think this memorable quality is best explained away by a combination of both quality and innovation.

This post was inspired by Ben304's recently post on Messiah (my all time most memorable game). In which he stated is was also a very memorable game for him. Also in my list of memorable games are Robot City and Dark Side of the Moon, both classical adventure titles I played sometime before attending high school.

Messiah:
I do not think I could do a better job then Ben304 in explaining Messiah, so I will not try and will just leave you a link to his article.





Robot City:
Robot City is a classical adventure game published for Windows 95 in 1995. It is based on a Isaac Asimov series of the same name. What makes it unique is the conversation puzzles. Many of the obstacles in the game are robotic in nature, for example you need a robot to do something or a robot in blocking your path. You must use the three laws of robotics to convince them to do what you want.




Dark Side of the Moon:
Dark Side of the Moon is very complex classical adventure game. It is a science fiction murder mystery, in which you play Jake Wright, who is out to figure out what happened to his uncle. I particularly like all the neat gadgets you use in game and for the interface.

The game environment is huge with many rooms and corridors to explore. The plot has lots of twists and turns, keeping it interesting. and the puzzles are challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment